I honestly do not know how to start a topic like this because I’m kind of buzzed right now. But worry not, I shall try my best to document & publish these thoughts of mine just for the hell of it. And because I really don’t have shit to do at one in the morning if I ain’t sleepy yet. Man, I shouldn’t be staying up this late. I got a job interview tomorrow. -_-
As a dude, I’m not exactly appealing to the eye, but I’m not that ugly. I’m probably in the borderline of handsome and ugly. Not cute. Probably average. I didn’t really put much effort onto having my Facebook sound or look like a Curriculum Vitae for dating. But I do make it clear of how I determine if I like the girl, and that’s an interesting thing to talk about for this very random post, right?
My principles for dating a woman are as follows:
- Never over or under four (4) years of age gap. Why? I’m 21 years of age, and dating a 16 year old chick isn’t really impressive. As with 26 year old women, they will have demands like getting married, like hinting that they want three kids, like asking why you still live with your parents, etc etc etc. At 21, you’d just want the right kind of gap that is on the very thin line of mature & immature. But of course my friends, there are always exceptions.
- If she doesn’t like my friends, say bye-bye. This is a staple, since I treat my friends as if they’re my second family. If she doesn’t like them for the way they are and thinks they suck to hang out with, then the bitch better be gone before happy hour.
- If she’s a gamer, date her, but if she games more than you, just befriend her. Okay, for some this is a bit ridiculous since I know ever gamer dude wants their gamer chick girlfriend. I mean, who doesn’t? But at this point, you gotta realize that if she games more than me, she’s not going to look like the chick I’ve always imagined. It’s fun to talk to girlfriends about a certain build of a Half-Demon Thief in Neverwinter Nights 2, but if she knows that shit better than you, dude, you either have a geeky girl or a demanding “do-this-do-that-why-the-fuck-did-you-level-that-pathetic-excuse-of-a-skill-that-cost-10-skill-points-you-noob?” kind of girlfriend. I know it doesn’t make sense, but that’s just me.
Those are just some of the three things I usually follow when I plan on dating someone. If it goes two out of three, she’s got to go. In truth though, I’m writing this just to feel good about myself, that I have these things to keep in mind to avoid making mistakes. It keeps me sane that I don’t have to like this 28 year old chick, who bro-zoned me before I could even like her, not that I was planning on liking her but I did and it’s just fucking me up in the brain right now that shit like this could happen. And it didn’t help at all with me dreaming about her for three consecutive nights, it’s just not me, and it’s too cheesy. Ugh. Fuck my life.
I was born on 1991, at the not-so-exact moment when the Parliament of Croatia cuts all remaining ties with Yugoslavia (thank you Wikipedia). It was the year when the Internet has been made available to unrestricted commercial use. It was when Nirvana made Grunge the dominant genre up until the mid-90’s. It was a great year, but that was also the year when I wasn’t aware of any shit that was happening around me. I’m a bit disappointed that I was born too late to fully appreciate what the rest of the 90’s has brought to mankind, but then, who says I can’t appreciate it now?
Sure, 21 years later shit changed drastically. Prices went up. Population went kaboom. The Terminator had two more movies after Judgment Day. Freddie Mercury was remembered to be stricken with AIDS, and now he is one of the most recognizable legends of music together with Lennon, Hendrix, Cobain, 2Pac, and all others.
I don’t know, maybe I’m just frustrated that I’m at the point where I miss the 90’s even though I was just a kid back then. Now, all the music that I listen to are the ones that were made before I graduated high school… maybe not all of ’em, but you get my point, right? I was in the middle of watching some old movies, then when I got to watch American Pie 2 when I realized that high school parties before involved just rock music. Yes, we can consider the fact that hip-hop wasn’t that much of a big deal back then, but you have to think about it still. Right now, it’s all pop, but then pop means popular. Pop back then was Rock, but right now it’s just… pop.
I did not grow up in a country, let alone in a culture, where beer kegs and body shots were the theme of high school parties. There was just none of it, in fact. After all this time, we are in a point in my generation where teenage girls are getting pregnant, and those dudes that they squeal for dress up like trailer park assholes when they meet their country’s leader.
Point is, we’ve definitely lost our way. This isn’t what it’s supposed to be like when Lennon made people cry when he wrote & sang “Imagine”. It was very hippie of him, but the man has a point. There’s not much I could say, in fact, I shouldn’t be saying anything at all. This blog post probably won’t reach the mainstream internet, even the underground parts of it.
We have this lost generation of things that were so awesome back then that paved the way for the things that we have right now. We keep on saying that things were better back then but we don’t do shit about bringing back what made it better than today. So tell you what, do comment on what you want to bring back from that lost generation. It doesn’t even have to be strictly about one topic, you can go all out. I’ll leave you guys to think about it with this last photo.
It’s 2012, and if you’re above the legal age of drinking in the US, doesn’t it make sense that you should think about that person you know you never had, and possibly, not be able to have in the near future? I’m saying this because you know, the Mayans said that the world will end this year. But ’nuff with all the bullshit these Mayans are saying, let’s get into discussion about the person you never had.
Think about it, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the person you never had was the person you’d want to spend the rest of your life with. It could be a classmate that you thought was just too perfect that time. Or it could be a platonic friend who’s always there for you when you think you’re about take a fall. Or it could be that bartender you always talk to when you’re six drinks in. Say for example, 10 years later, you get to meet this person again after not seeing them for the longest time. Would you still feel the same way that you felt back then? Or are you just going to ruin everything with succumbing to this awkward situation?
See, there’s a big difference between “the one that got away” with “the best you never had”. I’m saying this because it’s two entirely different things.
The one that got away is a person that you had, but never got a chance to spend the rest of your life with even though he or she was supposed to be the one, and still is (or at least the thought of him/her) after all this time. It didn’t necessarily have to end well, just the fact that after all that you two have been through, he/she can still be that one person you end up being with. The best you never had is a person who you never got the chance of having but is still the one in your mind. Both have similarities but should never be handled the same way. I’m not writing this because I want to help you get over that person. I’m writing this to help you figure out what you have, or had, in your life. And I am telling you to not screw it up by screwing your definitions of things.
So an important question comes into play and I would love it if you guys could answer this.
If the time comes that you can have either one of these two people, which one would you choose? The one that got away? Or the best you never had?
You can comment below this post, or you can just tweet me your answer as to which one you’d choose and why. And by God, forgive me, since this is my first time to interact with the readers of my blog. It gets scary, y’know.
At this day and age of the Internet, I’m pretty sure you’re more than aware of the different kind of zones that you are in right now with a certain person of the opposite sex. There’s a lot of it, but really, it all comes down to this one big country called the “Friend-zone”.
Wikipedia defines it like this: In popular culture, the “friend zone” refers to a platonic relationship where one person wishes to enter into a romantic relationship, while the other does not. It is generally considered to be an undesirable situation by the lovelorn person. Once the friend zone is established, it is said to be difficult to move beyond that point in a relationship.
While the Urban Dictionary defines it like this: A state of being where a male inadvertently becomes a ‘platonic friend’ of an attractive female who he was trying to initiate a romantic relationship. Females have been rumored to arrive in the Friend Zone, but reports are unsubstantiated.
Guy: “Well why the fuck did I waste two months on you?”
Now let’s get to know this one district in the Friend-zone called the “Bro-zone”.
Our friend, the Urban Dictionary defines it as:
With that being said, you have to admit that we guys do it too, not as often as women friend-zone us men. But let me tell you this, the Bro Zone has a lot of male residents. And this is just taken purely out of my experience. Let me drop some knowledge.
These girls who put guys in the Bro Zone, they just consider them as “just bros”. Now, Urban Dictionary may think that the Bro Zone is only bad for the women, and it may also think that women would get the bad end of being stuck in it. Not really, if you ask me. Guys eventually see these girls in the Bro Zone as someone really cool, and they might fall for these girls, unless they are exceptionally ugly (just sayin’). Now these girls, when they put a dude in the Bro Zone, that’s it. You can’t do shit, guys. She has already established the fact that you will never be more than a cool brother to her.
The Bro Zone is harsher to us guys than you girls. Why you ask? It’s because no one likes to fuck their brother. Unless you’re into that Game Of Thrones kind of incest, even though you’re not blood related, the thought of it still sucks you in.
Show your intentions for how they really are. Don’t act like you’re bro-ing it out with her, then realize that she’s the one. She might put you in the Bro Zone before you know it. And girls, trust me, you have it easier than us men, you just have to accept that fact that you have boobs. Just sayin’.
I was going to talk about the other zones, but these are the two major ones. Read it, learn to like it.
Okay, since the titles says it all, I’m going to try my best to share with you guys the top ten things that I do when I have a Writer’s Block. I said try, ‘coz I’m not really sure if I have ten since I think I only have one. Let’s cut to the chase, and lez get it on!
- Don’t try too hard. If it’s not coming to you, don’t push it. Don’t drive yourself crazy over the fact that you can’t write shit right now. Deadlines are kind of a “push” that is required, but that’s only because you get paid or graded when you are given a deadline.
- Meditate. This is something that I do a lot, even if I’m in front of my computer. A few minutes of silence helps clear the mind of unnecessary things. It helps you focus on what you want to write, so long as you don’t think about it while meditating. The idea should come to you naturally.
- Listen to old pieces of music. No offense to the new ones, but the old ones hold so much meaning, and inspiration, you’d be jamming throughout one song while writing what you want to write. It gets me going.
- Don’t shove yourself into your writing. Multiple browser tabs, pressing CTRL+TAB or even ALT+TAB helps. Don’t force yourself to finish immediately. In every paragraph, a proper distraction is needed.
- Movies, movies, movies. It doesn’t even matter what you watch, just watch. You might be on a writer’s block because you haven’t even expanded your vocabulary that much. You just have to practice on it by watching movies, and adapting to how a conversation would be like with different kinds of people.
- You have to accept the fact that not everyone will always like what you write. Acceptance is the key to everything. You just have to go ahead and write it.
- Feed yourself. You can’t think if your brain is too busy thinking about what to eat next. Deprivation should be a top rank on what can kill you.
- Hydrate yourself. Think about it, the brain is 80% water, my friend.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. Some of the best writers of all time are either delusional, crazy, or just high with some sort of substance. I’m not saying you should experiment on being high on acid. Sometimes, getting drunk is always the easiest option that you have.
- Practice on a signature style. Shakespeare’s one of the best writers of all time because he was the master of tragedies. You don’t necessarily have to imitate the way a famous writer writes, but you should establish your signature pattern. Experimentation goes hand-in-hand with practicing your style.
Wow, will you look at that. I actually listed down ten of ’em. Cool.
If I was the ruler of this country, change will be swifter than cooking fish. So let’s list it down. Let’s see if it’s a reasonable kind of change for this ever-so complicated country of the Philippines.
- Bring back the Death Penalty for heinous crimes. This isn’t about dictating how a country should be like when you commit a crime. There would still be a fair trial, and an even more extensive investigation of what really happened.
- Legalize Marijuana and regulating the circulation of Tobacco. This is an age-old issue that has been resolved in certain parts of the world, with Colorado being the latest one to uphold it. I won’t go into much detail, but we all know there’s like a big-ass difference between the number of deaths of each substance. You’ll never know, this might be the solution to this thing we call Cancer.
- No further need of a congress. This is what I’ve been thinking about since the thought of law school entered my very lazy mind. Hundreds of politicians doing shit we never see or hear and yet they get paid bigger than those who we see sweating and bleeding in service. The number of senators in power right now should be enough to cover whatever it is that those congress people do.
- Religion will not have a say at any country-broad issue. Not everyone here in this country is a Catholic. Not all are Muslims. Not all are Buddhists. Religion should never be a part of decisions made for this country. This dissolves the bias we’ve always had in Philippine politics.
- Reproductive Health Bill. Obviously, ‘coz take a look around. Personally, I’m disgusted with the way this country’s population is booming. A lot of people complaining about how hard life is when they have more than a dozen kids in their household. So stop complaining, get educated. One thing about this bill, abortion would still be illegal to a point where if it’s not a risk to the mother’s health, then there’s no need for an abortion.
- Increasing the country’s focus for athletes. We keep on saying that we “could” get into the Olympics with the proper government backing. I say, we can win in the Olympics with the right support from the country that these athletes represent. Athletic programs will be made. Rather than having to study the Filipino subject too much, Physical Education will focus more on what the student wants, like what sport a teacher should teach. Coaches will have an opportunity to hold clinics.
- With the congress abolished, massive increase for healthcare budget will be imminent. This is obviously what everybody would want. It might not be as effective as the Canadian Healthcare, but pretty much close to it. Hey, that’s why there’s a lot of immigrants in Canada right now. This rids of the complaints by the masses of the government not paying attention to what might be a fatal disease that can be cured by an injection.
So that’s just some of it. I might continue this later, ‘coz that’s what’s up.
My hands would be trembling just ‘coz I’m thinking about her, but then again, I can’t stop convincing myself that the feeling I’m feeling for her is a bad idea. Sure, a guy can wait. I’m a testament to that. I’m a very patient guy.
Waiting is something that is often overlooked by the girls we like. The amount of effort needed for that is exponentially larger than having to think about wooing them. Waiting is a natural thing. Thing is, you can only wait for one person too long, you’d start to ignore the time passing by. Quite frankly, you just have to avoid putting her up in that pedestal. You have to avoid decisions like, your world should revolve around her. No, my friend. It’s not like that.
I’m already content with how my life is right now, even though it’s not much if you ask me. I do the things that I love while toning down the stress to a bare minimum. Why would I ruin it with a thing called “relationship”? Well, I’m not. Do you honestly think that I’m doing anything to have a relationship right now? I’m actually doing the opposite if you’re really looking at me.
So sure, sooner or later, I’ll have to pursue her. Why not now, you ask? I don’t know. There’s a lot of things to consider. This isn’t like a high-paying job that I could just take then quit if I don’t feel like working anymore.
Honestly though, if a miracle would happen and she’d like me back, I’d take it. It’s a done deal. But then again, miracles don’t happen. Not that often, to say the least. It’s the main point of waiting. We wait for that girl to love or like you back, but it wouldn’t happen. We guys are obviously afraid of failure, rejection, or even depression. It doesn’t even matter if you could mask what you feel. Taking action is what we need, but we can’t because we know for a fact that there are cons to whatever we want. Wake up though, my friend, every bit of life has its own pros and cons.
I’m in between liking her too much to loving her just right. God knows I wouldn’t want to move a muscle if it means failure on my end. Failure would mean an end to a friendship treasured for years.