How sad is it that I’m back in front of my keyboard writing here in my blog again an hour after the fireworks started to light up the sky? Well, I’m scratching one off my New Year’s Resolution list right now. There will be times where I will stop from typing ‘coz there’s not much to say right now, and I call that my own version of a writer’s block. Let’s keep it simple, and just let me talk right now.
I just finished my glass of Vodka+Soda, and I’m itching for seconds because I can already smell the pre-heated Chili Con Carne from the microwave. It’s just a simple celebration here, but I bet we were the loudest. We celebrate New Year’s Eve just like we always did before. Few fireworks, banging the drum set, shooting tin cans using my dad’s pistol, and drinking alcohol (note: alcohol comes after everything else, if you feel like bashing me because I fired a gun).
Since I like making lists, let’s do my New Year’s Resolution. I’ll have to check this shit out again a year from now just so I could keep track of what I hit & missed this 2013. Let’s do this.
- Polish my cooking skills through learning the Italian cuisine. I’ve always wanted to improve this ever since I learned how to cook. Plus, whenever I watch Nigella Lawson cook Italian food, I… yeah, use your goddamn imagination.
- Learn how to be decent with a guitar or any instrument, really. I mean, I know the basics with the guitar and drums, but beyond that, I’m shit. This is something I should’ve done back when I was a kid, but it’s never too late to learn. Right?
- Get a stable flow of income. Come on, if anyone would like something stable in their lives, it has got to be the flow of their financial income. I want this. I feel like if I have this, I can do virtually anything I want to do with my life.
- Drastically improve my athleticism. I would probably fail on achieving this, but it’s worth a try. I honestly don’t know where to start. A healthier diet, or an intense training regimen. I’m a lazy dude, and that has got to stop now… I think.
- Learning a whole new different language, and try to be fluent with it. I pretty much think in Tagalog & English, wouldn’t it be nice if I could talk and think in… say, Swahili? Seriously though, this is more of an exciting thing for me to do rather than a challenge.
- Date a girl who I can be with the rest of my life… potentially speaking. This is something I never thought of doing back in 2012 since I made a pact with myself to stay single for the whole of it. Now I think it’s time to start looking for her. But then, you know, I’m only 21. Which leads me to…
- Don’t ever get married unless I get seven-to-eight digits without decimals in my bank account. I’ve made this argument in my head whether I should use Peso or Dollar for the currency, and honestly, I haven’t decided yet. Realistically speaking, I can do Peso. But if I were to be the over-achiever that I am not, I’d go with the USD. To my bros out there, if you can read this, this isn’t a bad rule to follow. Join me!
- Write more. This is kind of pointless, since I’m already doing it. But I do need to keep track of what I’m doing for the rest of 2013. Lucky for you, though, my faithful readers. You’d get to read more shit from me. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!
- With the SIN Tax just around the corner, it’s time to cut down on my vices. This goes hand-in-hand with me trying to get back to my athletic self. I do have vices, and God knows I wouldn’t want to spend more than I should just to soothe myself. So ’nuff with that shit, I’m putting myself on a minimum consumption of those vices of mine.
- Be more observant. That means I should talk less & watch more. It’s going to be hard for me, but it’s worth a shot. I mean, I could observe and talk at the same time, but I would want to improve my observation skills. This might scare some people off, but meh. Who cares, right?
I think I’ve made a productive list, and I deserve a high-five. I got exactly one year to achieve most of these things. So tell me, my dear few readers, where should I start? And do you think you can keep up with this kind of resolution? I do have a comment box, use that shit.
I should say that this time in my life, I should be on halt with the kind of things that can possibly ruin myself. I just got home from a very challenging trek in Paete, Laguna through its famous mountain path to the place they call Tatlong Krus (Three Crosses). I was with five other friends, and I was actually ecstatic that they were the ones I was with that time. Roy and I are two very unfit people, but we pushed ourselves to our personal limits even though we keep on complaining that we sometimes could not catch up to the pace of our two US Air Force friends who were on the head end of the group. This was definitely something to remember. I mean, come on. I was complaining about my stamina, that sometimes I couldn’t catch my breath, that my left knee was fucking the experience up, or that I’m just too fat for this kind of trek. And come on, we did this in the dark. If we didn’t have any flashlights, the whole trail would be pitch black. It didn’t help the Reia, the sole female in the group, was paranoid about the fact that she heard a story about someone getting stabbed and killed on the way up. Well, I can’t blame her though. We did see a drunk dude carrying a big-ass machete on the way up. But I guess he was too drunk to even keep his eyes open. At the end of the trek, I was half-expecting that someone will trip or something, ‘coz that’s how it is with these kinds of adventures. Accidents happen last. And yes, I stepped on a loose rock at the entrance of the town and twisted my right ankle. Now it hurts like a bitch now that we’re back in Manila.
‘Nuff about that, though. I’m pretty sure that if you follow the shit I write, you’d want to know what happened between me and that girl I like. Well, none of the shit I want to happen happened. Why? I think too much to even make a fuckin’ move. I mean, I did try. We were in the middle of a road-trip that time, and she was sleeping, bobbing her head sideways, couldn’t find a comfortable position. I asked her three times if she wanted to lean her head against mine. The third time I choked, ‘coz she asked what my question was, and I just said “you okay?”. Really, I guess I was just thinking too much. Not that I’m underselling myself, but she’s in love with another guy. It’s obvious, and I know it. I ended up feeling these things despite that fact. I suck at this.
But hey, at least starting right now, all the shit I’ve been through this 2012 is about to be over. I will consistently try to work the shit out of my system as soon as my ankle heals up.
P.S. I’ll probably edit this post as soon as the photos gets uploaded. Photo proof and all.