How sad is it that I’m back in front of my keyboard writing here in my blog again an hour after the fireworks started to light up the sky? Well, I’m scratching one off my New Year’s Resolution list right now. There will be times where I will stop from typing ‘coz there’s not much to say right now, and I call that my own version of a writer’s block. Let’s keep it simple, and just let me talk right now.
I just finished my glass of Vodka+Soda, and I’m itching for seconds because I can already smell the pre-heated Chili Con Carne from the microwave. It’s just a simple celebration here, but I bet we were the loudest. We celebrate New Year’s Eve just like we always did before. Few fireworks, banging the drum set, shooting tin cans using my dad’s pistol, and drinking alcohol (note: alcohol comes after everything else, if you feel like bashing me because I fired a gun).
Since I like making lists, let’s do my New Year’s Resolution. I’ll have to check this shit out again a year from now just so I could keep track of what I hit & missed this 2013. Let’s do this.
- Polish my cooking skills through learning the Italian cuisine. I’ve always wanted to improve this ever since I learned how to cook. Plus, whenever I watch Nigella Lawson cook Italian food, I… yeah, use your goddamn imagination.
- Learn how to be decent with a guitar or any instrument, really. I mean, I know the basics with the guitar and drums, but beyond that, I’m shit. This is something I should’ve done back when I was a kid, but it’s never too late to learn. Right?
- Get a stable flow of income. Come on, if anyone would like something stable in their lives, it has got to be the flow of their financial income. I want this. I feel like if I have this, I can do virtually anything I want to do with my life.
- Drastically improve my athleticism. I would probably fail on achieving this, but it’s worth a try. I honestly don’t know where to start. A healthier diet, or an intense training regimen. I’m a lazy dude, and that has got to stop now… I think.
- Learning a whole new different language, and try to be fluent with it. I pretty much think in Tagalog & English, wouldn’t it be nice if I could talk and think in… say, Swahili? Seriously though, this is more of an exciting thing for me to do rather than a challenge.
- Date a girl who I can be with the rest of my life… potentially speaking. This is something I never thought of doing back in 2012 since I made a pact with myself to stay single for the whole of it. Now I think it’s time to start looking for her. But then, you know, I’m only 21. Which leads me to…
- Don’t ever get married unless I get seven-to-eight digits without decimals in my bank account. I’ve made this argument in my head whether I should use Peso or Dollar for the currency, and honestly, I haven’t decided yet. Realistically speaking, I can do Peso. But if I were to be the over-achiever that I am not, I’d go with the USD. To my bros out there, if you can read this, this isn’t a bad rule to follow. Join me!
- Write more. This is kind of pointless, since I’m already doing it. But I do need to keep track of what I’m doing for the rest of 2013. Lucky for you, though, my faithful readers. You’d get to read more shit from me. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!
- With the SIN Tax just around the corner, it’s time to cut down on my vices. This goes hand-in-hand with me trying to get back to my athletic self. I do have vices, and God knows I wouldn’t want to spend more than I should just to soothe myself. So ’nuff with that shit, I’m putting myself on a minimum consumption of those vices of mine.
- Be more observant. That means I should talk less & watch more. It’s going to be hard for me, but it’s worth a shot. I mean, I could observe and talk at the same time, but I would want to improve my observation skills. This might scare some people off, but meh. Who cares, right?
I think I’ve made a productive list, and I deserve a high-five. I got exactly one year to achieve most of these things. So tell me, my dear few readers, where should I start? And do you think you can keep up with this kind of resolution? I do have a comment box, use that shit.
So I get to blog about April Fools. Kind of a boring topic, really. I haven’t done any pranks yet (nothing too explosive, to say the least). I’ve been too busy preparing for work, so I haven’t been blogging as much as I want to.
Twitter helps me kill boredom more than Facebook, nowadays. Since on Facebook, I get to talk to my closest friends. While on Twitter… let’s just say it’s a legal & friendly way to stalk people. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Actually, that’s not even funny.
I’m just writing this out of the fact that I have to kill time. I have to go and have a medical check-up in a few hours, which is ironic, since I like having my blood tested, but I hate not having to eat breakfast because of that. Yeah. I like to eat. SUE ME.
I wonder what will happen tomorrow. I’ll be going up in the mountains again with a bunch of my friends. It’s a shame that only a few of us will be able to go. I just hope that’s not an April Fool’s prank. Or I’ll be kicking their freakin’ asses to the curb. But anyway, I’ll be posting some mean photos for sure. That’ll make them green with envy.
Speaking of Envy…
And because of that, I shall declare that I STILL have a crush on Brie Larson.
Even if this was made waaaay back 2005. She changed a lot. And it was awesome.