According to Wiktionary.com (apparently, Wikipedia also has this kind of stuff, I didn’t know).
- The quality of being too shy to pursue amorous desires
Now, I’m not sure if we still use this to describe a person who wants, likes, and/or loves someone. At least, that’s what I think, being a straightforward asshole. But I have to admit, I would always feel like this whenever I see someone I like. Then i shrug it off after a couple of seconds, because that how I roll. (Not really)
So to keep it short & simple, every single time I see my crush at work, I get on with a 5 second freeze, then get back to work. Some of you might say that that’s an exact sign of being torpe. I have to agree at some point, but to defend myself, I’m a work-first-hook-up-later kind of guy. That’s just me being professional. What sucks though, is we don’t really talk to each other. Unless she’s up in front presenting something, then I would throw-in a couple of questions & jokes just to get her attention. Right.
So my point is, it’s okay if you are a torpe because at least you have the decency to be shy every once in a while. Not to mention, you don’t really have anything to lose if you don’t make a move. But then again, you don’t have anything to gain either.
Hmmm. I guess I have to buy a video camera just so I could ask some ladies about this kind of stuff. I’d like to record their opinions and preferences. Because let’s face it. Some guys just don’t know how to do things by themselves. Let’s be honest, shall we?
If you’re too shy to make a move, shrug it off. If it doesn’t work, scout for a bit. NOT STALK. Get to know her indirectly, ala Scott Pilgrim scouting for info about Ramona Flowers. Do it now. Then maybe you could approach her/him later on. That’ll make it easier for you to start a conversation. But please, don’t, and I MEAN DON’T, blurt out that you know a lot about her/him. That’ll make you look like a creep.
^ That’s a pretty funny kind of creep. But still.
Don’t make me rub it into your face.
Yeah. That’s a virtual slap. Redemption, anyone?
- Of all the people that I decide to listen to about my next Netflix binge, it was my dad who finally got me to watch… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- I'm gonna have so much fun these next few months with the upcoming Beijing trip(s) & college tour events and concer… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Can't believe how emotional this day has been. I need get back to my usual zen mode and figure some shit out. If… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Hola! May mga magagaling ba mag-translate ng English-Tagalog documents dito? Shout-out nalang ang bayad. loljk Pagu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- It's a Sunday. Why is everyone in my team working..? 1 week ago