If I was the ruler of this country, change will be swifter than cooking fish. So let’s list it down. Let’s see if it’s a reasonable kind of change for this ever-so complicated country of the Philippines.
- Bring back the Death Penalty for heinous crimes. This isn’t about dictating how a country should be like when you commit a crime. There would still be a fair trial, and an even more extensive investigation of what really happened.
- Legalize Marijuana and regulating the circulation of Tobacco. This is an age-old issue that has been resolved in certain parts of the world, with Colorado being the latest one to uphold it. I won’t go into much detail, but we all know there’s like a big-ass difference between the number of deaths of each substance. You’ll never know, this might be the solution to this thing we call Cancer.
- No further need of a congress. This is what I’ve been thinking about since the thought of law school entered my very lazy mind. Hundreds of politicians doing shit we never see or hear and yet they get paid bigger than those who we see sweating and bleeding in service. The number of senators in power right now should be enough to cover whatever it is that those congress people do.
- Religion will not have a say at any country-broad issue. Not everyone here in this country is a Catholic. Not all are Muslims. Not all are Buddhists. Religion should never be a part of decisions made for this country. This dissolves the bias we’ve always had in Philippine politics.
- Reproductive Health Bill. Obviously, ‘coz take a look around. Personally, I’m disgusted with the way this country’s population is booming. A lot of people complaining about how hard life is when they have more than a dozen kids in their household. So stop complaining, get educated. One thing about this bill, abortion would still be illegal to a point where if it’s not a risk to the mother’s health, then there’s no need for an abortion.
- Increasing the country’s focus for athletes. We keep on saying that we “could” get into the Olympics with the proper government backing. I say, we can win in the Olympics with the right support from the country that these athletes represent. Athletic programs will be made. Rather than having to study the Filipino subject too much, Physical Education will focus more on what the student wants, like what sport a teacher should teach. Coaches will have an opportunity to hold clinics.
- With the congress abolished, massive increase for healthcare budget will be imminent. This is obviously what everybody would want. It might not be as effective as the Canadian Healthcare, but pretty much close to it. Hey, that’s why there’s a lot of immigrants in Canada right now. This rids of the complaints by the masses of the government not paying attention to what might be a fatal disease that can be cured by an injection.
So that’s just some of it. I might continue this later, ‘coz that’s what’s up.